Morrilton and Booneville Locations Nominated to National Register of Historic Places

LITTLE ROCK—The State Review Board of the Arkansas Historic Preservation Program nominated six Arkansas properties to the National Register of Historic Places when it met April 3, AHPP Director Frances McSwain announced today.

Properties nominated to the National Register are:

* Moose Addition Historic District at Morrilton in Conway County, featuring buildings constructed between 1881 and 1964

* Booneville Commercial Historic District at Booneville in Logan County, with business structures constructed between 1906 and 1950

* President’s House on the Southern Arkansas University campus at Magnolia in Columbia County, a Mid-Century Modern style residence constructed 1957-1959

* Rushton Clinic at Magnolia in Columbia County, an Art Moderne-style building erected in 1938

* Mounds Cemetery at Columbus in Hempstead County, containing burials dating between 1819 and 1955

* Adrian Fletcher House at Fayetteville in Washington County, a 1957 residence designed by architect E. Fay Jones.

The board also listed the Walnut Grove Cemetery at Cord in Independence County and Bryan-Sadler House at Van Buren in Crawford County on the Arkansas Register of Historic Places. The Arkansas Register recognizes historically noteworthy places that are not eligible for recognition for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.

For more information on the National Register of Historic Places program, write the AHPP at 1500 Tower Building, 323 Center St., Little Rock, AR 72201, call the agency at (501) 324-9880 [TDD 501-324-9811], send e-mail to info@arkansaspreservation.org or visit www.arkansaspreservation.org.

The AHPP is the Department of Arkansas Heritage agency that identifies, evaluates, registers and preserves the state’s cultural resources. Other agencies are the Arkansas Arts Council, the Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, the Delta Cultural Center, the Old State House Museum, the Arkansas Natural Heritage Commission and the Historic Arkansas Museum.